Honey Harissa Carrots With Whipped Feta
This incredibly delicious recipe by is by Sophie Burd from Mob Kitchen. It's a real crowd pleaser and a great option for last minute entertaining.
500g Heritage Carrots
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
300g Thick Greek Yoghurt
400g Tin of Chickpeas
2 Teaspoons Honey
2 Teaspoons Rose Harissa Paste
Salt, Pepper & Olive Oil
Optional: Sesame seeds
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees
2. Chop the top off the carrots and place them in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
3. Add your yoghurt into a medium-sized mixing bowl and crumble in your feta finely. Whisk until the feta has totally incorporated, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Drain your chickpeas and toss them onto your carrot roasting tray. Return them to the oven for 15 mins until they are crisp.
5. Mix your honey and harissa paste together in a bowl. Pour the mix onto the carrots and toss until carrots are coated.
Spoon your whipped feta yoghurt onto a serving plate and top it with your chickpeas and carrots.
Finely chop a handful of your carrot tops until you have about 2 tablespoons worth. Add them to a mortar and pestle with the juice of a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil, then bash until you have a chunky green sauce.
Sprinkle over sesame seeds for a little bit of crunch.