Naomi's Gluten Free Pear & Raspberry Flan
This simple crowd pleaser is Naomi's go-to for an after lunch treat or an unexpected afternoon guest.
Adapted from a classic Donna Hay recipe, Naomi has tailored this flan to be gluten free. This flan is extremely versatile - you can use any fruit you like so it's a great option regardless of season.
125g softened butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
150g raspberries frozen or fresh
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C (fan forced).
2. Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
3. Using an electric mixer combine butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy (approximately 8 minutes)
4. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each
5. Gently fold in flour and baking powder
6. Pour mixture into the tin, top with fruit and cook for an hour
7. Once your flan is cool, remove it from the tin and place it on a cake rack to cool.
8. Just before serving, dust lightly with icing sugar.