Classic Winter Warmer: Pumpkin Soup
Elevate a classic pumpkin soup with a few simple tricks and a luxurious Breakfast Bowl. We love this recipe for cold winter nights, snuggled on the couch under a blanket.
~1.2kg Pumpkin, Butternut Pumpkin (or a mix of both)
1 Onion (diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (roughly sliced)
~750ml vegetable stock (or stock cubes)
Paprika or Sumac
Fresh dill or chives
Fresh crusty bread
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (Fan Forced)
2. Peel and roughly chop the pumpkin. On a baking tray, drizzle with oil and your preferred spices. We like Sumac or Parprika. Roast until soft.
3. In a medium saucepan, sautee the onions in oil until softened. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add the roasted pumpkin to the pan. Cover in vegetable stock and bring to a gentle simmer. If the vegetable stock isn't enough to cover the pumpkin, top up with water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove from the heat and carefully blend using a stick blender.
Drizzle with pouring cream or a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle over fresh dill and sesame seeds. Best eaten on the couch with a cosy blanket and Netflix.