Personal Data Policy
We Respect Your Privacy
At Elph Ceramics the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does Elph Ceramics collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to have these stored in your online account to make the checkout process faster;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does Elph Ceramics collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site and retail outlets;
- register via our website, mobile site or in store;
- participate in a survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Elph;
- sign up to a wishlist
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- people making a purchase on your behalf;
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as:
- information technology suppliers
- marketing and digital services suppliers
- research and development organisations
- data partners
- analytics consultants; and
- publicly available sources of information
Also, from time to time Elph Ceramics collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is a gift recipient. Elph Ceramic's policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does Elph Ceramics hold personal information?
Elph Ceramics may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described below in relation to "Cookies, Tracking and Advertising") or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Elph Ceramics protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Elph Ceramics employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Elph Ceramics as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing Elph Ceramics systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Elph Ceramics may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, Elph Ceramics only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Elph Ceramics collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders from us;
- to contact you if there is an issue with delivery or to confirm order details;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- managing your dealings with us as a Elph Ceramics member;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- for business research and development of new products and services, including for Elph Ceramics members and our business clients;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, Elph Ceramics may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your Elph Ceramics communication preferences in a number of ways, eg within your Elph Ceramics account if you are an online customer; or by contacting us directly. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer.
Who might Elph Ceramics disclose my personal information to?
Elph Ceramics may disclose your personal information:
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Elph Ceramics may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
Otherwise, Elph Ceramics will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Does Elph Ceramics disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
What happens if Elph Ceramics does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information. For example, you may be able to make a cash transaction at a retail outlet without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-Elph Ceramics website, please understand that Elph Ceramics is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, If you visit our website or mobile site, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information. For further information about this, we suggest you refer to the privacy policies of Omniture (www.omniture.com), Double Click (www.doubleclick.net), Nielsen/NetRatings (www.netratings.com) and Google Analytics (www.google.com.au/policies/privacy).
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that Elph Ceramics holds about you and seek its correction. If you are a Elph Ceramics member, you are able to access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our website (www.elphceramics.com.au) or mobile site (www.elphceramics.com.au). If you are not a Elph Ceramics member, so that your request reaches the right person, please send it to our Privacy Officer. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our Elph Ceramics can be contacted by:
- e-mail at email@example.com
- letter to 12 William Street, Paddington NSW 2021
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 8 June 2021